nexen Rail brakes
Nexen’s linear motion control products deliver pinpoint precision and high-performance with no backlash. They’re designed for exceptional reliability, little maintenance and long life. You get precisely what youneed with this innovative line:
NEW >> Profile Rail Brake, Generation II - Fits 25 mm Profile Guide Rails
Nexen’s RB Series of linear profile guide rail brakes uses spring force to secure the load in holding applications. Superior response time and high force for stopping and holding in e-stop and power-off situations. Each RB brake clamps directly onto the center of the guide rail to provide positive braking and holding in all axes. These profile rail brakes hold position accurately by eliminating drive train backlash and elasticity.
Nexen’s RB Series is engineered for dependable performance. With a revolutionary set of patent pending features, the RB Series provides an industry leading braking solution for linear profile guide rails. If personnel safety is required, an unrelated, redundant safety system is recommended.
Highest air released holding force on the market
- Spring engaged, air released for power-off, e-stop and holding applications
- Configurations to fit most profile guide rails - (Hiwin, NSK, SKF, IKO, INA, Star, THK)
- Brake geometry is similar to system bearing cassettes for easy installation
- Low backlash for accurate position holding
- Adjustable facing gap for optimum brake performance
- Field servicable friction facing replacement
- Large friction facing contact area
- No lubrication or periodic maintenance required
- Provides stiffness and eliminates vibration in linear drives
Profile Rail Brake — RBR Series Fits 20, 25 and 35 mm Profile Guide Rails
Nexen’s RBR-series of Rail Brakes is a cost-effective solution for holding loads on guide rail systems. The spring-engaged, air-released brake is ideal for power-off applications, and clamps directly onto the center of the guide rail to provide positive holding in all axes. The unique design uses a horizontal air/spring chamber to apply force on the rail through a wedge and roller mechanism, providing low backlash and accurate positioning.
The RBR is engineered for dependable performance, easy setup and low maintenance.
- Spring engaged, air released for power-off and holding applications
- Low backlash for accurate positioning, while also providing stiffness and eliminating vibration in linear drives
- Configurations to fit many guide rail systems, including: THK-HSR, THK-SHS, NSK-LH and HIWIN-HGR
- Low maintenance, due to fewer wear partsField serviceable shoe replacement
- Easy to set up, no adjustments necessary
- Low release pressure, compatible with most plant air supplies
- Sized right to match bearing cassettes