ACX-10 Maintains Your Cool
- Prevents rapid cycling under improper pressure conditions.
- Extends life of clutch, compressor, and hoses.
- Prevents premature damage to clutch coil and plates.
- Reduces stress on starter motor and batteries.
- Installs quickly and easily with a few simple connections.
- Provides rapid payback in maintenance cost savings.
Detection and Protection System
The ACX-10 detects rapid cycling before you even notice that your air conditioning isn’t working properly. As your A/C system charge levels drop, clutch cycles increase. The ACX-10 limits A/C clutch cycles to four engagements per minute, reducing system wear and tear.
Improper system pressure can lead to rapid cycling. The ACX-10 limits system cycles to four engagements per minute, eliminating heat build-up.
Over-voltage causes excessive current and heating the clutch coil, which shortens its life. Worse yet, under-voltage can cause the clutch to slip and burn out. The ACX-10 detects poor voltage conditions, and disengages the A/C clutch until the voltage returns to the normal, safe operating range.
Bonus: Starter Motor Protection
If the A/C is on during the vehicle’s ignition cycle, the starter motor has to crank the compressor as well as the engine. The ACX-10 unburdens the starter motor and extends its life by delaying the A/C clutch engagement until 15 seconds after ignition.