Aerostyle Pyrojacket Fire Sleeve
Thicker, denser inner glass fiber than our Industrial grade Pyrojacket® gives higher insulation values, increased strength and enhanced abrasion resistance.
The World’S Most Certified Fire Protection Sleeve
- UL 1441 Certified
- VW1 Flame Test Certified
- MSHA Certified for use in underground mines
- SAE AS 1072E
- GL – Germanischer Lloyd Certified for 800°C for 30 minutes
- BS EN 373 Molten Splash Tested
- BS EN 388 Abrasion Tested
- BS EN ISO 6940 Flame Resistance Tested
- BS EN ISO 6530 Oil Resistance Tested
- BS 2576 Tensile Strength Tested
- DIN 54837 I 5510-2 Rail Vehicle Certified for Resistance to Combustibility
- DIN 5659-215510-2 Rail Vehicle Certified for Toxicity
Sheds Splash Immediately
Aerostyle Pyrojacket® withstands repeated exposures to molten steel, molten aluminum and molten glass up to 3000°F (1650°C). The heavy coating of our proprietary iron oxide red silicone rubber compound sheds molten metal splash immediately, so very little heat transfer occurs.
Withstands Intense Radiant Heat And Flame
Aerostyle Pyrojacket® will withstand continuous exposure to 500° F (260°C); up to 2000°F (1090°C) for 15-20 minutes; and up to 3000°F (1650°C) for 15-30 seconds.
When exposed to flames, the silicone rubber transforms into a crust, creating a protective SiO2 refractory layer. Aerostyle Pyrojacket® is constructed from high bulk glass fiber braided sleeve. Excellent modulus of elasticity makes it an ideal choice for bundling hoses, tubes and cables in a variety of hostile environments. Custom colours available by special order.
Custom colours available by special order. Diameters up to 5″ (127 mm) diameter.
|Continuous operating temp||260°C (500°F)|
|Max short term exposure||1650°C (3000°F)|
|Molten splash resistance||Outstanding|
|Flame resistance||Very good|
|Abrasion resistance||Very good|
|Water and oil resistance||Outstanding|