Index Heavy-Duty Pressure Switches are ideal for a wide range of heavy vehicle and equipment applications where durability and reliability are crucial.
Index switches are proven to withstand the shock and vibration of harsh underhood and off-road conditions.
Solving the Challenges of Demanding Applications
- Exceptional vibration resistance.
- Specially designed for long life on heavy-duty equipment; up to 1,000,000 cycles.
- Special time delay and diagnostic features available.
- Pressure indication, interlock, and control for engines, transmissions, hydraulics, fluid tanks, and similar industrial applications.
- Broad media compatibility: air, oil, water, coolant, hydraulic fluid, transmission fluid, and more.
- Custom-specifiable set and reset pressures.
- Tight tolerances where high precision is needed. Stable, drift-free calibration.
- Choice of fittings and connectors.
Built-in Vibration Resistance
Index Pressure Switches put up a double line of defence against vibration with two snap-action elements. A crisp-response pressure disc triggers a Honeywell MicroSwitch™, assuring clean electrical switching. Both elements are real workhorses in high duty-cycle applications, depending on load/voltage conditions, lasting up to 1 million cycles or more.
By working closely with OEM customers, we determine exactly how the application, product requirements, and switch function within the vehicle or machine. What are optimum set and reset pressures? What receives the switch signal output, and what is done with that information? Then we can dial in the optimum specs to help the entire system work at its best.
Time-Delay & Diagnostics
You have more options than just on-off switching. You have more options than just on-off switching, too. Index Time-Delay Pressure Switches allow your equipment to “ignore” a normal, momentary high pressure spike or low pressure dip. With Index Diagnostic Switches, your control computer can distinguish a wire short or break from a normally-operating open or closed switched circuit.