Nexen’s RB Series of linear profile guide rail brakes uses spring force to secure the load in holding applications. Superior response time and high force for stopping and holding in e-stop and power-off situations. Each RB brake clamps directly onto the center of the guide rail to provide positive braking and holding in all axes, with no effect on bearing surfaces. These profile rail brakes hold position accurately by reducing drive train backlash and elasticity.
Nexen’s RB Series is engineered for dependable performance. With a revolutionary set of patent pending features, the RB Series provides an industry leading braking solution for linear profile guide rails. If personnel safety is required, an unrelated, redundant safety system is recommended.
- Large friction facing contact area for consistent performance and low rail wear
- Field serviceable friction facing replacement
- Ideal for power-off, e-stop and holding applications
- Low backlash for accurate position holding
- Brake geometry is similar to linear bearing cassettes for easy installation
- Provides stiffness and eliminates vibration in linear drives
- Large clearance between brake and rail compensates for installation misalignment
- No lubrication or periodic maintenance required
- Models available to fit most common profile guide rails
- Highest spring engaged / air released holding force on the market