These Air Precleaners consist of a steel housing with static vanes and a rust-proof rotor mounted on dual ball bearings. The perforated metal pre-screen at the inlet is standard.
The outlet tube can be adapted with the supplied reducing sleeves for a variety of outlet choices. Oblan Engine Air Precleaners are powder coated for a durable, corrosion-resistant finish. Air flows range from 53 to 1059 CFM (1.5 to 30.0 m3/min).
How They Work
Oblan Engine Air Precleaners are usually installed in place of the rain cap, dust bowl, or aspirated precleaner (exhaust system). In some applications, they can be mounted directly to the air cleaner. Air enters the system through a pre-screen that removes large debris. It then flows through static vanes causing the air to spin. As the air spins, centrifugal force separates dust, dirt, insects, rain and snow from the air stream. The swirling air drives a high velocity rotor that acts as a blower evacuating contaminants through special discharge ports in the side of the unit. Only purified air flows to the air filter elements.
Features & Benefits
- Remove up to 80 % of impurities from intake air before the air enters the filter elements.
- Compact, low-profile design.
- The bottom-intake air entry design eliminates the opportunity for water intrusion during high speed and stationary operation.
- Extend engine air filter life.
- Reduce down time.
- Prolong engine and turbocharger life.
- Save on fuel costs.
- Easy to install. Three plastic outlet reduction sleeves are provided with each assembly.
- Wide range of applications and flow rates.
- High air flow, low differential design.
- Steel housing, black powder coat.
- Oblan Air Precleaners are self-powered and self-cleaning, requiring no electrical or exhaust gas power to dispose of separated particles. They require virtually no maintenance and should be inspected occasionally to insure that no foreign material has plugged intake or exhaust port areas.
Oblan Engine Air Precleaners are designed to be mounted on or connected to the air filter intake of a gasoline, diesel or compressed gas engine air cleaner. Their applications include all fast-moving mobile equipment such as trucks, buses and recreational vehicles.